From: Faye <feliz@math.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002081404:25:06
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Exponents  or is it geometry?

Hi! Thank you... I was actually browsing for an info about geometer's
sketchpad when I remember the exponent problem. I did not actually
think that the message will be posted under geometer's sketchpad...
which is one of the reasons that i lost in searching for the posted
message...
Anyway, thanks again for your answer. The textbook's answer is p=3.
So, does that mean that the expression is the same with
  3 3
(2 ) , wherein power of a power rule is  applied? The textbook has
similar expression to this, so i cannot say that typographical error
occurred. In the handouts and math challenge booklet that i have
seen/read, 3 is to be cubed first, so the result is
  27
 2   .
Grouping symbols really matters...

Thank you