From: Faye

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002081405:25:06
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Exponents or is it geometry?

Hi! Thank you... I was actually browsing for an info about geometer's sketchpad when I remember the exponent problem. I did not actually think that the message will be posted under geometer's sketchpad... which is one of the reasons that i lost in searching for the posted message... Anyway, thanks again for your answer. The textbook's answer is p=3. So, does that mean that the expression is the same with 3 3 (2 ) , wherein power of a power rule is applied? The textbook has similar expression to this, so i cannot say that typographical error occurred. In the handouts and math challenge booklet that i have seen/read, 3 is to be cubed first, so the result is 27 2 . Grouping symbols really matters... Thank you Faye

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/