From: Roya

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001062914:00:23
Subject: Adding and subtracting integers

Adding and subtracting integers can be a somewhat confusing concept to
teach and for students to learn and master but I think once you
understand the underlying reason, the rules start to make sense.
Instead of explaining it here, I'm going to refer you to some great
answers from our Dr. Math archive:

An answer to a similar question by Doctor Sonya
http://mathforum.com/dr.math/problems/tracey12.31.97.html

Another answer by Doctor Santu
http://mathforum.com/dr.math/problems/jaime12.1.98.html

Another one from Doctor Sydney
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/dr.math/problems/manne10.15.96.html

I hope these pointers prove useful for you and your son.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/