From: Lisa Phipps <lmk4674@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005032311:23:22
Subject: math

My daughter is learning subtraction of intergers and it's been years
since I've done them. When do you change the sign for the second
number? and why?   She has -5 + +7=. he teacher told her she needed to
change it to -5 - -7=. Why do you change it? On the first one I would
get +2 and on the second one I would get -2. Is this correct?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/