Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #6444

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Topics for brief (2-3 page) paper

View entire discussion

From: Alan Androski <androsa@madison.k12.fl.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009052714:49:00
Subject: Re: Topics for brief (2-3 page) paper

I am also trying to get some ideas on topics to have students write a
short paper about. This spring (2009) I had my Alg 2 students write a
paper on the prompt "explain how to square a binomial". It worked
fairly well. I chose the topic because it is a commonly missed
problem. I'm planning to think of some more topics for commonly missed
problems. I prefer this kind of topic for a math paper rather than
just a history topic because I think it will help them with their math
skills more. They also gained valuable experience on how to cite their
sources and use the equation editor in Microsoft Word. I can send more
info if requested.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®