Q&A #6461

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Contextualised math

View entire discussion

From: Fran Garvey

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2010082717:53:54
Subject: Primary Maths

Hi, I am working in an inner-city primary school in Manchester with children from many different backgrounds. Many of the children experience difficulties with language within maths because of their own language difficulties. They also find it difficult to see the relationship between mechanical maths and problem solving situations with Using and Applying. We are beginning to introduce Maths in Context and we are thinking of projects, either in individual classes or as a Key Stage or Whole School, where we can develop our understanding of vocabulary and problem solving. If you have any ideas or advice, I would be very grateful. with thanks Fran Garvey

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®