From: Francisco Gutierrez <f.gutierrez14@bcp.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2010102211:09:59
Subject: Re: Importance of Orthocenter

Has it ever occurred to you why we need to learn the orthocenter?  Do
you even know what an orthocenter is?  Well in this paragraph I am
going to answer your question.  An orthocenter is the point where the
three altitudes meet of a triangle, according to dictionary.com.  This
point can be either inside, outside, or even on the triangle itself.
After doing some research online, I can tell you that the orthocenter
is one of the more important points on a triangle of the four major
centers.  Euler was a mathematician who stated that the circumcenter,
the orthocenter, centroid, and the center of the nine point circle are
co-linear, unless the triangle is equilateral, according to Scieceray.
The orthocenter will be outside the triangle if one of the angles is
over 90 degrees.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®