From: Francisco Gutierrez

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2010102211:09:59
Subject: Re: Importance of Orthocenter

Has it ever occurred to you why we need to learn the orthocenter? Do you even know what an orthocenter is? Well in this paragraph I am going to answer your question. An orthocenter is the point where the three altitudes meet of a triangle, according to dictionary.com. This point can be either inside, outside, or even on the triangle itself. After doing some research online, I can tell you that the orthocenter is one of the more important points on a triangle of the four major centers. Euler was a mathematician who stated that the circumcenter, the orthocenter, centroid, and the center of the nine point circle are co-linear, unless the triangle is equilateral, according to Scieceray. The orthocenter will be outside the triangle if one of the angles is over 90 degrees.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/