From: Joe

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006030419:15:26
Subject: Interactive Internet Triangle Activity

If you're looking for a great interactive Math lesson on triangles and all of their properties such as 1) the relationship between the size of an angle and the size of an opposite side or 2) that the sum of any two sides must be greater than the third side or 3) that all angles in a triangle must add up to 180 deggrees--I found a great interactive web page that actually has a completely interactive triangle that you can manipulate and move around just by clicking on the triangle's vertexes and dragging them. The size of the angles and the sides are displayed on the web page. I took all of my 9th grade math classes there and the students were really engaged by just trying to explore how these relationships play out with all triangles. Does anyone know of any similar web sites or activities like this for geometric lessons?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/