From: Suzanne Alejandre <suzanne@mathforum.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001120410:08:27
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Integrating Literature into Math: Adolescent audience

Hi Jacqui,

When I was teaching middle school mathematics I sometimes assigned my
students to write poems. My students seemed able to write them with
ease.

I have a few examples on the Web of one project that we did here:

http://mathforum.org/alejandre/frisbie/tess/sea.tess.html

I also roamed around on the Web this morning and found these sites
that you might find interesting:

Math Poems
http://www.durham.edu.on.ca/programmath2/Math_Poems/math_poems.html

Analogy, Mathematics, & Poetry