From: Suzanne Alejandre

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001120410:08:27
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Integrating Literature into Math: Adolescent audience

Hi Jacqui, When I was teaching middle school mathematics I sometimes assigned my students to write poems. My students seemed able to write them with ease. I have a few examples on the Web of one project that we did here: http://mathforum.org/alejandre/frisbie/tess/sea.tess.html I also roamed around on the Web this morning and found these sites that you might find interesting: Math Poems http://www.durham.edu.on.ca/programmath2/Math_Poems/math_poems.html Analogy, Mathematics, & Poetry http://www.rit.edu/~mkbsma/analogy/reference/poetrymath.html Poetry in Math Puzzles http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/rubrics/math/gr8/g8problem04.html Math and Science Poetry Page http://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~robinson/funstuff/geekpoetry.html Cinquain Poetry http://teams.lacoe.edu/documentation/classrooms/amy/algebra/5-6/activities/poetry/cinquain.html Poetry Gallery - Math http://www.arlington.k12.va.us/schools/williamsburg/bb/pmath.htm --Suzanne

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/