Q&A #6631

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Stories about math

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Suzanne Reichel

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001121201:43:59
Subject: Math Stories

I've found that my students enjoy the Disney movie "Donald in Mathemagic land," even at the high school level it has it's rewards (a lot of information on Pythagorus). I've pulled stories from "Newton's Gift," "The Joy of Mathematics," The New York Bestseller book on Erdos that came out about 4 years ago, and stories about Ramanujan are always good. I believe there is a Nova video about his life that I enjoyed, and it can either be shown, or stories can be told from it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®