From: Suzanne Reichel <sreichel@wayland.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001121200:43:59
Subject: Math Stories

I've found that my students enjoy the Disney movie "Donald in
Mathemagic land," even at the high school level it has it's rewards (a
lot of information on Pythagorus).  I've pulled stories from "Newton's
Gift," "The Joy of Mathematics," The New York Bestseller book on Erdos
that came out about 4 years ago, and stories about Ramanujan are
always good.  I believe there is a Nova video about his life that I
enjoyed, and it can either be shown, or stories can be told from it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/