Q&A #6631

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Stories about math

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: chad

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004071410:40:53
Subject: Math Stories

A great story, is that of Noble Prize winner, John Nash, who was immortalized in the Ron Howard film A beautiful Mind, staring Russel Crowe. a book also exist called a beautiful mind, and follows the life of John Nash a Mathematical Genius and Schizophrenic who is also a great code breaker, through the love of a woman he faces his problem and goes on to become a Noble Prize Winner (in the field of Economics I think I kind of forget now. This book is a must for those who have seen the movie and want the chance to read something on mathematics, the movie focus more on his Schizophrenia and I dont really recall all that I read in the book, so if you want please read it, I admit I spend so much time watching the movie that I never really got through to his Noble Prize winning momment John Nash William James Sidis (truly the worlds smartest human) Newton (famous for getting hit with an apple, invented Calculus)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®