Q&A #6631

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Stories about math

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: chad <chadandchippy@rogers.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004071409:40:53
Subject: Math Stories

A great story, is that of Noble Prize winner, John Nash, who was
immortalized in the Ron Howard film A beautiful Mind, staring Russel
Crowe. a book
also exist called a beautiful mind, and follows the life of John
Nash a Mathematical Genius and Schizophrenic who is also a great
code breaker, through the love of a woman he faces his problem
and goes on to become a Noble Prize Winner (in the field of Economics
I think I kind of forget now.
This book is a must for those who have seen the movie and want
the chance to read something on mathematics,

the movie focus more on his Schizophrenia
and I dont really recall all that I read
in the book, so if you want please read
it, I admit I spend so much time watching
the movie that I never really got through
to his Noble Prize winning momment

John Nash
William James Sidis (truly the worlds smartest human)
Newton (famous for getting hit with an apple, invented

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®