From: chad <chadandchippy@rogers.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004071409:40:53
Subject: Math Stories

A great story, is that of Noble Prize winner, John Nash, who was
immortalized in the Ron Howard film A beautiful Mind, staring Russel
Crowe. a book
also exist called a beautiful mind, and follows the life of John
Nash a Mathematical Genius and Schizophrenic who is also a great
code breaker, through the love of a woman he faces his problem
and goes on to become a Noble Prize Winner (in the field of Economics
I think I kind of forget now.
This book is a must for those who have seen the movie and want
the chance to read something on mathematics,

the movie focus more on his Schizophrenia
and I dont really recall all that I read
in the book, so if you want please read
it, I admit I spend so much time watching
the movie that I never really got through
to his Noble Prize winning momment

John Nash
William James Sidis (truly the worlds smartest human)
Newton (famous for getting hit with an apple, invented
        Calculus)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®