From: Debra Muse <deb607@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001123011:01:55
Subject: First day of school

I do a lesson or activity the very first day of school and assign
homework.  Students love to use those new supplies right away, and we
are well on our way to establishing our class routines.

Since I teach third grade, I may do a basic lesson on place value,
working with 3-digit numbers, writing and reading them, and writing
numbers in expanded form.  Or I might do some 2-digit addition.
Either way, students seem to enjoy jumping right in!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/