From: Jan Tremain <jtremain@idcnet.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003072420:20:46
Subject: First day of school

	I want my 8th graders to think that math is going to be fun so on the
first day of school during the last 20 minutes of the class I put on
my wizard's cape and do a math trick. To make it spectacular I have
the number answer for the trick (it's always the same answer - 8) cut
out of cardboard. I tell students to look at the overhead for the
answer. I take a match and light a small piece of flash paper under
which I have my cutout of the number 8. AFter it flares the students
see the number 8.  They are really impressed and leave thinking maybe
8th grade math will be fun.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®