From: Michael Greene <mgreene@mitty.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002082015:38:54
Subject: geometry/ volume

Many of my (high school) geometry students will memorize the volume
formula V=lwh for a rectangular solid without understanding where it
comes from.  I have started breaking the job back down with sugar
cubes into a flat base(lw) taken (h) times.  The problem of 1000 is a
10x10x10 cube.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®