Q&A #679

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Number placement

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Michael Greene

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002082015:38:54
Subject: geometry/ volume

Many of my (high school) geometry students will memorize the volume formula V=lwh for a rectangular solid without understanding where it comes from. I have started breaking the job back down with sugar cubes into a flat base(lw) taken (h) times. The problem of 1000 is a 10x10x10 cube.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®