From: Angela <ALH0307@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004092521:23:18
Subject: Mean, Median and Mode idea

I tell my student that median is the line in the middle of the road so
they can remember that it is the middle number.  I also tell them that
mode is the number you see most often and they both start with the
same letters mo.  When talking about the mean, I tell them to think of
their mean teacher who has to average their grades.  Even my lowest
kids have done well on these concepts.	We did activities such as how
many jumping jacks you did in 30 seconds, their grades, and how long
it took a few students to run a lap and then they figured out the
mean, median and mode.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®