From: Angela

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004092522:23:18
Subject: Mean, Median and Mode idea

I tell my student that median is the line in the middle of the road so they can remember that it is the middle number. I also tell them that mode is the number you see most often and they both start with the same letters mo. When talking about the mean, I tell them to think of their mean teacher who has to average their grades. Even my lowest kids have done well on these concepts. We did activities such as how many jumping jacks you did in 30 seconds, their grades, and how long it took a few students to run a lap and then they figured out the mean, median and mode.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/