From: Lori Johnson <lwjohnso@gateway.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000091820:30:42
Subject: Re: Help

First of all, he needs to define the words:
Mean is an average.  Show him how to take a simple average.
Median is the middle number.  Have him give you examples of things in
the middle;  the median in the road.  To find the median, the numbers
must be put in order from smallest to largest.  If there are an odd
number of numbers, then you can easily count and find the middle.  If
there is an even amount, you must take the average of the middle two
numbers to find the median.
Mode is the number that appears the most- there can be more than one
of these.
Range is the difference of the largest number and the smallest number.

I would start out by using a small amount of numbers to go through the
process of finding each one.  Then you can expand with more numbers.
Let me know how this goes.

Lori Johnson

On 11 Sep 00 16:57:48 -0400 (EDT), Kathy wrote:
>	Hello...I'm in need of help with my son....I need to find a way to
>explain this to him....Mean, Median, Mode and Range
>

>Thanks

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®