From: Amy Burnett

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002071717:10:15
Subject: Re:classroom organization

In taking stress off of the teacher by having students grade som epapers, you may run into some problems. I know of at least one school district in Missouri where a lawsuit was brought up about grade privacy. You must verify with your school district and state department of education to make sure that you can let students grade other's work. Also, though I haven't started my first teaching job yet, my mom is a teacher, and she still had to go and look through the papers because not all kids are reliable graders. When I was in high school, only five years ago, I didn't like having students grade the papers. It is all dependent on what you would rather give up, your time or valuable lesson time.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/