Q&A #7008

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Support for a first-year teacher (math)

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Laarni Tolentino <edrilen@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004091621:56:51
Subject: Better strategies in teaching Mathematics

Good day!

Please help me with this one.

How will I teach Mathematics in easier way that my students will catch
up the lesson clearly and without confusion?

During discussion,my students were very participative and very willing
to recite and perform some board works.  But when I gave a written
test to evaluate what they have learned, most of them failed.

That my students are kinesthetics.  They prefer solving on the board
than on a paper.  They know what to do now an tend to forget it on the
next day.  In the institution where I teach, there is a need to
evaluate the stuents' achievement through written tests.

Please help he solve this one.  I'm looking forward for your help.
Thanks, anyway.

You may reach me at edrilen@yahoo.com

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question