Q&A #7008

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Support for a first-year teacher (math)

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Laarni Tolentino

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004091622:56:51
Subject: Better strategies in teaching Mathematics

Good day! Please help me with this one. [Question] How will I teach Mathematics in easier way that my students will catch up the lesson clearly and without confusion? [Difficulty] During discussion,my students were very participative and very willing to recite and perform some board works. But when I gave a written test to evaluate what they have learned, most of them failed. [Thoughts] That my students are kinesthetics. They prefer solving on the board than on a paper. They know what to do now an tend to forget it on the next day. In the institution where I teach, there is a need to evaluate the stuents' achievement through written tests. [Request] Please help he solve this one. I'm looking forward for your help. Thanks, anyway. [Contact] You may reach me at edrilen@yahoo.com

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®