Q&A #7008

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Support for a first-year teacher (math)

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Kimberly

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004092118:34:39
Subject: Alg 2/Geometry Split Class

Hi all! I am a first year teacher and am having a hard time deciding how to teach one of my classes. It is an Algebra 2/Geometry split class. I am not sure if the school had worked out an arrangement with the teacher who worked here before me, but I came into this school with this rather strange assignment and I do not know how to teach it. Let me give you some background... Our school is a small school in Southern California. We have only 11th and 12th graders. My split class is 3/4 Algebra 2 and 1/4 Geometry. Students were originally told they would be given self-paced packets for the class. I have never taught with packets and do not have packets to teach with. If anyone has any suggestions or resources that might be of use for me, that would be great. Thanks in advance, Kimberly ps, so far we have been doing algebra 1 review as an entire class.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®