From: GERALDINE <angelgirl156@myway.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009073109:06:57
Subject: fear of math

I found that for me fear of numbers, steemed from childhood, where I
survived a hostile atmosphere from family.
My first or second grade teacher taught me the love of reading, but we
relocated, my father committed suicide, I was badly burned, missing
the most of the third grade,then there was adjusting. to it all.

There was no help at school after the teacher explained it or so I
felt.
So I hid within, accepting things as they were it was too painful to
reach out to family, a mother, four siblings, each man for himself, i
did'nt see it that way. I felt I had no control.

Now as an adult I have choices, but there is a many years missing when
it comes to math.
The anxiety is not as dibilatating as it use to be just no back ground
to pull from.
I am not dumb very intelligent. I have ran a business,but lack of
number sense kept me from growning.

Geraldine

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question