From: RON

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003071922:10:03
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Palindrome numbers

Gail: A palindrome is simply something which reads the same backwords and forwards. Simple word examples are "radar" and "bob". Number examples are 213321 and 123454321. There are more famous examples. One relates to a former president: " A man , a plan , a canal , panama! " Another relates to Napolean: " Able was I ere I saw Elba. " Palindromes are merely curiosities. Wordplay is entertaining. Number play also serves to promote thinking skills. No intrinsic significance , but some fun along the way. For example , the years 1991 , 2002 and 2112 are palindromes. A person named Otto born at 10:01 in 1991 in Ada ( Ohio ) would be quite a palindromic child. For more along these lines I refer you you to the Guinness Book of World Records for lengthy palindromes. RON

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/