From: Sandra

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002042106:25:52
Subject: Respect for different answers

I teach teenagers. I encourage all answers to be given even if the correct one is on the board. Sometimes I have a vote on the "correct" one and get all students to vote. We work through the problem and then look at what went wrong with the other answers. I have found that students come up with "sensible" wrong answers. They enjoy having a go even if they have no idea. My current method is to put up a question on a topic none of them have seen before and get them to come up with an answer. Often nearly correct answers appear.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/