From: Sandra <s_dyke@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002042106:25:52
Subject: Respect for different answers

I teach teenagers.  I encourage all answers to be given even if the
correct one is on the board.  Sometimes I have a vote on the "correct"
one and get all students to vote.  We work through the problem and
then look at what went wrong with the other answers.  I have found
that students come up with "sensible" wrong answers. They enjoy having
a go even if they have no idea.  My current method is to put up a
question on a topic none of them have seen before and get them to come
up with an answer.  Often nearly correct answers appear.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/