Q&A #7470

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: System of equations

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: JJ

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007071300:19:05
Subject: systems of equations

Ok, you know solving systems of equations with three lines of x, y, z? That look like this: -2x+4y-6z=20 3x+5y+9z=35 7x-4y-6z=40 or problems that look something like this that you have to solve for x, y, and z. Well, I understand how to do them, but I am not good at explaining them at all. I'm trying to help my sister, because she's not understanding how to solve these problems. She's been going to a totoring place, but the way they're explaining it hasn't helped. I've tried showing her how, but she still doesn't understand. It's not clicking. How can I help her get it? what's a good way to explain or teach these kind of problems? Can anyone help me help her? Thanks :)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®