From: Shannon Sheehy

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002031620:06:23
Subject: How can I teach equivalent fractions?

	How do I get my students who speak little English to understand how
to write equivalent fractions, why equivalent fractions are important,
and when to use them?  I have tried to show them with pictures, with
numbers, and with pictures and numbers.  They still write that 1/2 +
1/3 = 2/5.  I don't know what to do!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®