From: Michelle <rmstitanicfan@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002083022:41:49
Subject: Son nervous about 8th grade placement test/HELP!

Hi!  I have been homeschooling my 13 year old since 1st grade and next
week he will be going to a private school.  He has to take a placement
test and is so nervous that he is going to fail and have to go back to
7th grade.  He wants to study but I am not sure what he needs to
study.  Could someone please tell us what kinds of questions will be
on the test?  I called the school and they told me not to worry that
it is just basic but I want to know what kind of basic question.  For
example, will math be addition, subtraction long division,
multiplication, fractions etc.  Or will they be algebra, decimals,
geometry and word problems?  Could someone help?  I think he would
feel much more comfortable if he would be able to study and feel more
prepared.  I just recently had to take him to get updated on his shots
to be excepted into the school and he was so nervous he fainted.  I
worry about him fainting during the test.

Thanks in advance!
Michelle

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question