Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #781

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Counting Coins

View entire discussion

From: Owen <owenbprince@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008030617:10:17
Subject: counting coin

Dear Carol

   You said your son is having trouble counting coins.  I think Gail
gave very good advice about the game “race to a dollar”.    I have a
slight change in this game- you use dice as a random number generator
to pick how many coins  to take from a pile.   It is very helpful to
have a chart  to put the coins on for him to see how we build up to
one dollar.  You can get the chart from the “DotMath for kids” web
site for free.    Type “DotMath for kids” into the google search box
to find the web site.  I hope this helps and that you both have fun
with math.

Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question