Q&A #781

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Counting Coins

View entire discussion

From: Owen

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008030618:10:17
Subject: counting coin

Dear Carol You said your son is having trouble counting coins. I think Gail gave very good advice about the game “race to a dollar”. I have a slight change in this game- you use dice as a random number generator to pick how many coins to take from a pile. It is very helpful to have a chart to put the coins on for him to see how we build up to one dollar. You can get the chart from the “DotMath for kids” web site for free. Type “DotMath for kids” into the google search box to find the web site. I hope this helps and that you both have fun with math. Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®