Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #7991

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Challenge Math

View entire discussion

From: sidney gold <golds@oes.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003022122:11:10
Subject: Challenge Math program

Is the Challenge Math book vol. 3 part of CSMP (Comprehensive School
Mathematics Program) math program?  If so, it's a program I used about
ten years ago that is wonderful for gifted children, but it requires a
fair amount of teacher time.  It has some unique features, such as
arrow roads, a "mini-computer" which is really a binary system on a
specially colored board, and lots of Venn diagram problems.  At one
time, I taught a group of children with this program for a year.  I
loved it, but other teachers and parents found it confusing and
difficult to work with.
Sidney Gold

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question