Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #814

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Arithmetic struggles

View entire discussion

From: Amira Testman

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007082914:45:13
Subject: concepts of multiplying single digits

My seven year old twin girls are struggling with understanding the concept of multiplying single numbers. I have tried memorization, grouping and relating objects at home. They do not get it when it comes to most of the odd numbers. I would like to know what else i can do at home to make them understand 3x12 is the same as 12 x3 which is the same as saying 12 plus 12 plus 12 =36.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/