Q&A #870

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Algebra Texbooks

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Mary Krimmel <mary@krimmel.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000091510:50:05
Subject: pre-algebra textbook, Merrill Pre-Algebra

Has anyone used Merrill Pre-Algebra published by McGraw-Hill?

I am unfamiliar with current textbooks (except for reading about some
in these threads).

I tutored a student using the Merrill text in a San Diego parochial
school. Naturally I worked with her text as well as other material.

My general impression was "OK, but why so much weight for the student
to carry about and why such an expense for the school?" (I do not know
what the absolute or relative price is. It is ultra-complete, lavishly
illustrated and expensive-looking.)

Thanks for any response.

Mary Krimmel

Post a reply to this message