Q&A #870

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Algebra Texbooks

View entire discussion
[ next >>]

From: Mary Krimmel

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000091510:50:05
Subject: pre-algebra textbook, Merrill Pre-Algebra

Has anyone used Merrill Pre-Algebra published by McGraw-Hill? I am unfamiliar with current textbooks (except for reading about some in these threads). I tutored a student using the Merrill text in a San Diego parochial school. Naturally I worked with her text as well as other material. My general impression was "OK, but why so much weight for the student to carry about and why such an expense for the school?" (I do not know what the absolute or relative price is. It is ultra-complete, lavishly illustrated and expensive-looking.) Thanks for any response. Mary Krimmel mary@krimmel.net

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®