Q&A #870

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Algebra Texbooks

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Eli <thefifthriceking@cs.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003042721:23:44
Subject: Re: pre-algebra textbook, Merrill Pre-Algebra

            My name is Eli and I am a student in Ct using this exact
textbook you mentioned. I'm in 7th grade, and to answer your question
about the cost of the book I would go to textbookheaven.com
Here is the link:

    About the photos in the book, you are right that they are
unnecesarry and quite irrelivant to the lesson, but it is not
completely without an advantage. A book with no animation and plain
text would seem unwelcoming to the student and maybe even boring. I
beleive the pictures are put in the book in an effort to interest the

                Good luck!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®