Q&A #870

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Algebra Texbooks

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Eli

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003042722:23:44
Subject: Re: pre-algebra textbook, Merrill Pre-Algebra

Hello, My name is Eli and I am a student in Ct using this exact textbook you mentioned. I'm in 7th grade, and to answer your question about the cost of the book I would go to textbookheaven.com Here is the link: http://www.textbookheaven.com/1992_merrill_pre_algebra_student_edition.html About the photos in the book, you are right that they are unnecesarry and quite irrelivant to the lesson, but it is not completely without an advantage. A book with no animation and plain text would seem unwelcoming to the student and maybe even boring. I beleive the pictures are put in the book in an effort to interest the student. Good luck! -Eli

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®