From: Jackie Phillips

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000020718:05:11
Subject: Chicago math

Our district did not use the elementary Chicago math, but we did use the Transition math book and the algebra. I can tell you the teachers hated it and the students did not retain much information. That may sound harsh, but if the elementary books are organized like the transition math books, there is no real logic or flow to it and topics are learned in a way that doesn't bring them together for real understanding. We are now using the Connected Mathematics Project and seeing much better results.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/