From: Jackie Phillips <jphillips@lsps.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000020717:05:11
Subject: Chicago math

	Our district did not use the elementary Chicago math, but we did use
the Transition math book and the algebra.  I can tell you the teachers
hated it and the students did not retain much information.  That may
sound harsh, but if the elementary books are organized like the
transition math books, there is no real logic or flow to it and topics
are learned in a way that doesn't bring them together for real
understanding.  We are now using the Connected Mathematics Project and
seeing much better results.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®