Q&A #963

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Chicago Math program

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: colleen

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002112000:59:40
Subject: amazing test results in our school 4th grde assessments

our school district has been using chicago math since 1998, and our assessments have been increasing astronomically since then. we are now at 98% proficient and 65% are in the top achiever level.my oldest child was in 2nd grade when it started and i hated it. homework was a nightmare but once you get used to it everything just falls into place.now my second child is in 2nd grade and she can whizz thru her math homework by herself, she can add in her head 2 digit facts knows reverse facts backwards and fowards. granted alot of the basic facts must be drilled at home, they don't have time for it in class, and a child who doesn't get support at home will have more trouble. so i guess it depends on the particular child, but what i see my now 7th grader able to do without any of my help or extra help at school amazes me.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®