Q&A #963

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Chicago Math program

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Karen borden

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004102617:02:48
Subject: Re: Chicago Math has Failed my two Daughters

Thank god somebody willing to speak the truth in such a straightforward way!!! I had to pull my gifted second grader out of public school because of the Everyday Math program and also because of Whole Language, (that is another story). I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I find the old addage " If it ain't broke, don't fix it " applies to this Math program. Unfortunately, all these children are basically being used as guinea pigs and they will be worse off for it in the future. Can you see them trying to balance a check book ? Thanks for you great input, I hope the people who implement these curriculums get a chance to read it.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®