From: Lynn
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003082018:09:47
Subject: New to teaching Everyday Mathematics

	Help! I am a fifth grade teacher new to teaching Everyday
mathematics. This series is such a change from the Saxon we used last
year. I am having great difficulty feeling as if I have taught by the
end of the lesson. There seems to be so much jumping from one activity
to another. All the while I am supposed to be using all of the
different assessments we are told to use. I would be interested in
knowing how other teachers at this level handled the "daily routines"
of the series. The six hour training was given by an instructor that
had taught in early elementary. During the training, usage all of the
routines were strongly stressed.  However, I am finding as I read the
resource manual, it doesn't appear that the routines are as important
at this level.
Thank you

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question