Q&A #963

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Chicago Math program

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Lynn

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003082019:09:47
Subject: New to teaching Everyday Mathematics

Help! I am a fifth grade teacher new to teaching Everyday mathematics. This series is such a change from the Saxon we used last year. I am having great difficulty feeling as if I have taught by the end of the lesson. There seems to be so much jumping from one activity to another. All the while I am supposed to be using all of the different assessments we are told to use. I would be interested in knowing how other teachers at this level handled the "daily routines" of the series. The six hour training was given by an instructor that had taught in early elementary. During the training, usage all of the routines were strongly stressed. However, I am finding as I read the resource manual, it doesn't appear that the routines are as important at this level. Thank you

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®