From: Chris

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005021716:54:12
Subject: Re: Everyday Math

Hello, I have been reading the discussion on the Chicago Math series and I thought that I should write something. I am a direct product of the Chicago Math program. I started the program in 6th grade and was in it all through high school. I went on to college to study Engineering and did very well. I think that the Chicago Program is a good one, and for those who worry about the student how don't get much help at home. I grew up on a farm in the hills of West Virginia where neither of my parents had any college education, nor could they help me with homework in any subject past elementary school. I think students can learn from the program and do well even when they don't come from an ideal social background. I contribute my success to my teachers’ ability to use the Chicago Math series; I fear that to many math teachers today do not have the mathematical background to teach a series like this. Teachers must continue their education in order to better prepare students.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/