From: Chris <warren.chisler@msn.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005021716:54:12
Subject: Re: Everyday Math

Hello,

I have been reading the discussion on the Chicago Math series and I
thought that I should write something.  I am a direct product of the
Chicago Math program.  I started the program in 6th grade and was in
it all through high school.  I went on to college to study Engineering
and did very well.  I think that the Chicago Program is a good one,
and for those who worry about the student how don't get much help at
home.  I grew up on a farm in the hills of West Virginia where neither
of my parents had any college education, nor could they help me with
homework in any subject past elementary school.  I think students can
learn from the program and do well even when they don't come from an
ideal social background.  I contribute my success to my teachers’
ability to use the Chicago Math series; I fear that to many math
teachers today do not have the mathematical background to teach a
series like this.  Teachers must continue their education in order to
better prepare students.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®