Q&A #963

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Chicago Math program

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Josh Morris

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004011918:09:18
Subject: Re: Re: concerns regarding elementary chicago math

I've been teaching 8th grade algebra using Chicago math and I think the book sucks. It saves all the important stuff (factoring, quadratics, polynomials, etc) until the end of the year, and then expects students to "get it" during the limited time available. The treatment of factoring in the book is superficial. That's my 2 cents. Josh

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®