Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #10091

Thinking about maths

View entire discussion

From: Michael Papworth <michael@braintrainer.co.uk>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 09, 2002 at 15:04:02
Subject: Thinking about maths

I'm a British ex-maths teacher currently running my own training company.

I've created a resource which I believe may be of benefit to maths
teachers and students in 9th to 12th grade. It's called "How To Think Like
A Mathematician." The contents are pretty are pretty obvious from the
title.

It is a two-pronged approach to thinking about mathematics.

> The first part is to develop a mathematical thinking style.

> The second part is to develop a mathematical thinking system.

Is there any interest out there in looking at this resource and maybe
testing it with your students?

If so, e-mail me and I'll send the student booklet (about 310 kilobytes)
and the teacher guide (about 360 kilobytes)

Regards

Michael Papworth

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question