Q&A #10094

Mental arithmetic problem for teacher

View entire discussion

From: <ekareem@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 09, 2002 at 19:54:36
Subject: Mental arithmetic problem for teacher

Hi Math teachers, I am about to get into the teaching field. I have a good ability to discuss, simplify and explain topics but can't do any mental arithmetic!! I must use a paper and a pencil or a device of some sort even for simple calculations. I never considered this as a problem since most of the courses in university did not require this mental capability, one almost always had a calculator handy. Do you suggest I look for another career now? Regards.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®