From: <ekareem@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 09, 2002 at 19:54:36
Subject: Mental arithmetic problem for teacher

Hi Math teachers,

I am about to get into the teaching field. I have a good ability to discuss,
simplify and explain topics but can't do any mental arithmetic!!

I must use a paper and a pencil or a device of some sort even for simple
calculations.

I never considered this as a problem since most of the courses in university
did not require this mental capability, one almost always had a calculator
handy.

Do you suggest I look for another career now?

Regards.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®