From: Pat Ballew (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Dec 16, 2002 at 02:40:24
Subject: Re: Conic sections

Brad,

A couple of suggestions.  First, if I were trying this, I think I would
control the distance to the vertices and the foci by sliders, and then
compute the eccentricity from these so that as the shape changed, they would
see that the eccentricity moved in relation.  This might require a separate
sketch for hyperbola and ellipse.

Suggestion two...  There is a dynamic geometry discussion group and the guys
there are masters of working with these kinds of problems. Most of the Key
Curriculum Press guys monitor this list, so send them your question. Usually
what you get back are sample files. The URL for the discussion page is at
http://mathforum.org/discussions/ . The dynamic geometry discussion list
is toward the bottom left.

Good luck

 -Pat Ballew, for the T2T service