From: Nikki
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 30, 2002 at 20:36:58
Subject: Passing the GED

I am 22 years old, and I dropped out of high school. I took the GED test and
failed the math section. I can add and subtract (kinda), but everything else
is a complete nightmare. I've gotten along by carrying a pocket calculator. I
would like to better myself and pass the GED test. I have bought a CD-ROM and
book about math and I still don't understand. I have tried to get a tutor but
I feel like I am "a lost cause". Are there any books, CDs, or videos that
would help? Maybe I just don't know what to look for.

I work two jobs to pay my bills. Getting together with a tutor or going to a
class is hard for me. I'm looking for something I can do at home. I can't seem
to find the right teaching tool (i.e. books, CDs, videos). Any recommendations
about what to buy or what site to go to would help! I would like to pass my
GED test and maybe even do simple math without a calculator!

Thank you for your time =)

Nikki

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/