From: Judy (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 03, 1998 at 21:51:11
Subject: Re: Grade 2 Math Assessment - Standardized Tests

Dear Dawn,

It's always good to see parents concerned about their child's math performance.
You stated that your child's teacher feels your daughter is performing as
expected for second grade. If I were making recommendations to my parents, I
would encourage them to keep their child current with such skills as basic
facts, time, money, measurement and problem solving. If you explore the
Internet you will find many good sites that your child can enjoy and benefit
from in math.

Educational supply stores also sell many books designed to assist in preparing
students for test-taking skills. You may want to take a look at some of these.

I want to compliment you for being concerned in your child's test readiness,
but odds are she will do just fine. Enjoy the summer.

- Judy

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®