Q&A #1039

Changing career from engineer to teacher

View entire discussion

From: Isabella
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jan 18, 1999 at 15:00:26
Subject: Changing career from engineer to teacher

I am interested in teaching math in a secondary school. I am two years out of undergraduate where I received a BS in Engineering. Since then I've been working in a corporate setting. Although I have often thought of teaching, I have never REALLY explored the possibility. I want to know how to start finding out if I am qualified (and if not, what I need to do), how to start looking for a job teaching math/engineering or possibly a finance-related class. I'm at square one and I am not certain how to get going -- any thoughts?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®