From: Alice (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 13, 2003 at 23:59:24
Subject: Re: Choosing a New Curriculum

I, too, used to teach on a reservation. It was over twenty years ago, and
was very rewarding!

There are two sites on which to find opposing views of which to books to use
and why. It seems that they are very political, but they are also
comprehensive within their philosophies.

 Mathematically Correct

http://www.mathematicallycorrect.com/books.htm

and Mathematically Sane

http://mathematicallysane.com/home.asp

Then, to get the most comprehensive list of books I know, try the Math
Forum's own Internet Mathematics Library, which has a category all about

Textbooks

http://mathforum.org/library/resource_types/textbooks/

That should give you an overview of what the issues are and how you want to
go. When I worked on the "res", we had enough money to purchase almost
anything we wanted. It worked well for the kids.  I hope your program does
too.

Good luck!
 -Alice, for the T2T service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®