Q&A #10558

Choosing a New Curriculum

View entire discussion

From: Alice (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 13, 2003 at 23:59:24
Subject: Re: Choosing a New Curriculum

I, too, used to teach on a reservation. It was over twenty years ago, and was very rewarding! There are two sites on which to find opposing views of which to books to use and why. It seems that they are very political, but they are also comprehensive within their philosophies. Mathematically Correct http://www.mathematicallycorrect.com/books.htm and Mathematically Sane http://mathematicallysane.com/home.asp Then, to get the most comprehensive list of books I know, try the Math Forum's own Internet Mathematics Library, which has a category all about Textbooks http://mathforum.org/library/resource_types/textbooks/ That should give you an overview of what the issues are and how you want to go. When I worked on the "res", we had enough money to purchase almost anything we wanted. It worked well for the kids. I hope your program does too. Good luck! -Alice, for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our on-line community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®