From: Amy Zimmer
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 01, 1999 at 17:18:25
Subject: Geometry

I am looking for literature with any geometrical or algebraic references to
read to my students. For example, I found grandma calling the big bad wolf,
a "rancid son of a parallelogram" in my four year old's book Little Red
Cowboy Hat and I found a reference to snow "hitting the window panes in
parabolas" in Snow Falling on Ceder. I teach high school geometry, but any
type of
literature will do. If you can help me narrow my topic down so I can search
the archives, that would be greatly appreciated also.

PS my students loved that I read to them, now I want to do it as often as
possible!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®