From: Amy Zimmer
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 01, 1999 at 17:18:25
Subject: Geometry

I am looking for literature with any geometrical or algebraic references to read to my students. For example, I found grandma calling the big bad wolf, a "rancid son of a parallelogram" in my four year old's book Little Red Cowboy Hat and I found a reference to snow "hitting the window panes in parabolas" in Snow Falling on Ceder. I teach high school geometry, but any type of literature will do. If you can help me narrow my topic down so I can search the archives, that would be greatly appreciated also. PS my students loved that I read to them, now I want to do it as often as possible!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/