Q&A #1112

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 15, 1999 at 08:46:38
Subject: Re: Geometry

I just want to add some of my favorites. The Greedy Triangle by Marilyn Burns is a great book. In appearance it looks like a book for primary children but I read it to my 8th graders and they liked it. Another great book is Math Curse by Jon Scieszka. This is one that opens up the creative door for students who like math and writing. My students had fun writing their own math curse. A good book that works with perimeter and area is Apaghetti and Meatballs for All, also by Marilyn Burns. A new one just out is G is for Googol by David Schwartz. This is just an alphabet book but it is one with a lot of appeal and it mentions many algebra and geometry terms. W is for "When are we ever going to use this anyway?" I bet your students will like it. Then there is the classic Alice in Wonderland. It has many mathematical references. Enjoy reading!! -Suzanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®