From: Suzanne (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 15, 1999 at 08:46:38
Subject: Re: Geometry

I just want to add some of my favorites.  The Greedy Triangle by Marilyn
Burns is a great book.  In appearance it looks like a book for primary
children but I read it to my 8th graders and they liked it.  Another great
book is Math Curse by Jon Scieszka.  This is one that opens up the creative
door for students who like math and writing.  My students had fun writing
their own math curse.  A good book that works with perimeter and area is
Apaghetti and Meatballs for All, also by Marilyn Burns.  A new one just out
is G is for Googol by David Schwartz.  This is just an alphabet book but it
is one with a lot of appeal and it mentions many algebra and geometry terms.
 W is for "When are we ever going to use this anyway?"  I bet your students
will like it.  Then there is the classic Alice in Wonderland.  It has many
mathematical references.  Enjoy reading!!

 -Suzanne, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/