Q&A #113

7-8th grade Multiplication and Division

View entire discussion

From: Cindy
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 25, 1998 at 01:21:47
Subject: 7-8th grade (ADHD) multiplication and division

I have a 13-year-old boy who has Tourette's Syndrome with ADHD. During the time he was learning his multiplication and division, he was unable to memorize them. He is in 7th grade, and his teacher has advised me that he needs extra help this summer in order to go on to 8th grade math. I have started by getting Back to the Basics on multiplication and division, grades 1 and 2. Are there any other suggestions that you may have in order for him to memorize his multiplication tables? If so, I would like to have any suggestions at this time. He is willing to learn, too. He is getting very frustrated trying to learn this all now. Thank you.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®