From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 17, 1999 at 20:01:53
Subject: Re: Math teacher's beliefs

I have done many workshops. One of the things I use as an icebreaker that
tells me a great deal about mathematics teachers is to pick a math symbol
that best describes them and tell me why!

There are also Mathematics Attitude Scales that I usually use with students,
but might be interesting to see what kind of attitude toward mathematics the
teachers have?

 -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/