From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 05, 1999 at 18:14:08
Subject: Re: Use of the StudyWorks math/science program in middle/high school

I am sorry no one has answered you earlier, Allen.

I had previewed the software, and recall being impressed. But I am not able
to offer you the specifics you need.  I do think that Mathcad may be a
little difficult ???  My school did a lot of research before we settled on
Maple.  It, too, takes some getting used to!  We also use f(g) scholar,
spreadsheet-type program that does lab reports. Our students also have
access to Excel, Mathematics Exploration Toolkit (Dos program, that is still
my absolute favorite for high school), Geometer Sketchpad (wonderful!!!),
graphical analysis. We also have used freeware programs that we have
obtained from the Exeter web site!

I do think a mathematics and science faculty should utilize computers in
their classes. In order to keep up with the growing demands on students of
today, students need to exposure to using these tools for problem solving
experience.  Wish I could have been more helpful about StudyWorks.

 -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/