Q&A #124

Learning math through songs

View entire discussion

From: Catherine Spruitenburg
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 20, 1998 at 17:57:48
Subject: Learning math through songs

I teach high school math from Algebra I to AP Calculus. I went to an NCTM
workshop in Minneapolis on singing. The presenter had a tape of various math
songs he had personally written. Now I use his tape all the time and the kids
really learn through it. For example, every one of my kids can sing his song
about completing the square, and they seem to have an easier time with it than
students I have taught in the past.

My question is, are you aware of any web sites, books, or other tapes that
math songs on them?  We have written several of our own this year, but seeing
what others are doing would be beneficial as well.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®