From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 06, 1998 at 14:24:21
Subject: Re: Learning math through songs

Catherine, I wish to ask you a question. Who was the
presenter at the NCTM  Conference?  Perhaps we could
share the information with other teachers.

I cannot answer your question about web sites, books or
other tapes; however, I  will share with you a song that I
learned from a teacher in Washington, DC.    It is sung to
the tune of "O, my darling Clementine."   It tells you how
to  multiply matrices:

Row by column
Row by column
Multiply them line by line
Add them up to form a matrix
Now you're doing it just fine.

I understand what you mean about songs because my
students never forget this  ditty.

 - Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/