From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 06, 1998 at 14:24:21
Subject: Re: Learning math through songs

Catherine, I wish to ask you a question. Who was the presenter at the NCTM Conference? Perhaps we could share the information with other teachers. I cannot answer your question about web sites, books or other tapes; however, I will share with you a song that I learned from a teacher in Washington, DC. It is sung to the tune of "O, my darling Clementine." It tells you how to multiply matrices: Row by column Row by column Multiply them line by line Add them up to form a matrix Now you're doing it just fine. I understand what you mean about songs because my students never forget this ditty. - Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/