From: Georgia <gogona16@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Dec 08, 2003 at 22:00:18
Subject: Language - "reduce" fractions

I hear many students using the word reduce when it comes to fractions. I have read many articles that state that the word is not mathematically correct. What do we mean when we say reduce? Does any one have any ideas or knowledge about this, and a good way of explaining to students that it is mathematically incorrect?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/